Lab-Band Weight Loss

VSG Weight Loss

Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Weeks Revision Surgery Update

Pretty much recovered from revision surgery and feel as if nothing has happened.

On the weight-loss front things are happening! I almost forgot what losing weight feels like. I've lost 14.5 lbs since surgery and I am extremely happy.

I am still on a full liquid diet and have no idea what the sleeve actually feels like when it comes to eating food. Liquids are going down fine and I have not been "stuck" or felt any discomfort of any kind. Everything feels pretty normal.

The most amazing things that have happened since sleeve surgery:
  • Food and the smell of food disgust me.
  • Sweetness disgusts me even more and I have to force myself to drink the protein shakes. This already started in the hospital. I wish they would make them in neutral flavors.
  • I do not like soups. I made a chicken broth the other day and all I could think of was chicken farm smell. There is no way I will drink any chicken broth any time soon. Same applies to Broccoli soup, split pea soup or tomato soup. 
  • I have no hunger. Not even the slightest feeling of hunger. I have to force myself to drink 3 protein shakes (30g protein each) a day. I had to set-up an alarm in my cellphone as a reminder to drink/eat because I just don't feel it.
  • I do not like the taste of Cappuccino any longer (and I was a HUGE addict prior to surgery) I can only drink regular coffee with coffeemate powder (and I never liked coffeemate, go figure)
The funniest thing is that I have lost 46% of my excess weight within 3 weeks. My goal is 155 lbs and I "only" need to lose another 17 lbs. However, I am already thinking of lowering my goal weight.

So far, so good... The liquid diet is getting kind of difficult and I am craving chewing real food. I wish I could have some tuna salad or some soft Avocado. I am also excited to see what the sleeve will feel like but my surgeon likes me to be on liquids for 4 weeks. 1 week and 1 day to go! :-)

Happy Memorial weekend to all of you. 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you. I can't wait to hear how things go with real food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news. I am looking forward to your next step. I am awaiting insurance approval for my revision completion to the sleeve. It makes me more excited to finish this journey I started four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the same boat....i'm getting the revision from lap band to vertical sleeve. Who your surgeon at Cedars? Mine is Dr. Cunneen. Was to have surgery on 6-15, but I totally freaked after a convo with my sister...told me that I could die from surgery complications!! Who wants to hear that. So any way after speaking with the support staff at Cedars, my doctors and a couple of friends who had gastric bypass (and reading hundreds upon hundreds of blogs about personal experiences -- I am now ready to go. Hope you post an update.

    Thx

    D. Cobb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obesity is a serious problem in the society today. As an obese person, I don't know exactly what to do and where to start to fight this excess weight that I have for many
    years now. Searching over the internet helps me a lot to gather helpful tips and advice. Oh! by the way, have you heared something about the Roca Labs Formula? I have visited this site - youtube.com/user/RocaLabsReviews and there are many possitive effect to the
    users. I hope that this could be a permanent solution for obesity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like the sleeve as much as my mom loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My band has sprung a leak after two years and I'm waiting to hear what Allergan are prepared to do for me (if anything), but I'm concerned about the number of failures of the band itself and I'm considering revision to the sleeve like you. Can you give us another update when you get a chance and do a comparison of the two experiences so far?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ronnie! I don't know if you remember me, but I came to check up on how you are doing and see this! I was wondering if you had problems with the band. I have met so many people online that have had all sorts of trouble. Makes me sad to hear! I am having lots of trouble myself with restriction and allergies I never even knew I had! I hope you are doing better now with the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! You haven't updated in a while so I'm wondering how you're doing!!! I was banded on 2/6/13.. was down 47lbs and gained most of it back.. I'm looking into revision surgery to the sleeve as well.

    Hope you're doing great! Would love an update! "_

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, I would be interested to see how you are doing with your leave and weightless now you are a couple of year down the line? Would be great to hear from you again.

    xx hugs bunny xx

    ReplyDelete