- Food and the smell of food disgust me.
- Sweetness disgusts me even more and I have to force myself to drink the protein shakes. This already started in the hospital. I wish they would make them in neutral flavors.
- I do not like soups. I made a chicken broth the other day and all I could think of was chicken farm smell. There is no way I will drink any chicken broth any time soon. Same applies to Broccoli soup, split pea soup or tomato soup.
- I have no hunger. Not even the slightest feeling of hunger. I have to force myself to drink 3 protein shakes (30g protein each) a day. I had to set-up an alarm in my cellphone as a reminder to drink/eat because I just don't feel it.
- I do not like the taste of Cappuccino any longer (and I was a HUGE addict prior to surgery) I can only drink regular coffee with coffeemate powder (and I never liked coffeemate, go figure)
Thursday, May 24, 2012
3 Weeks Revision Surgery Update
Pretty much recovered from revision surgery and feel as if nothing has happened.
On the weight-loss front things are happening! I almost forgot what losing weight feels like. I've lost 14.5 lbs since surgery and I am extremely happy.
I am still on a full liquid diet and have no idea what the sleeve actually feels like when it comes to eating food. Liquids are going down fine and I have not been "stuck" or felt any discomfort of any kind. Everything feels pretty normal.
The most amazing things that have happened since sleeve surgery:
The funniest thing is that I have lost 46% of my excess weight within 3 weeks. My goal is 155 lbs and I "only" need to lose another 17 lbs. However, I am already thinking of lowering my goal weight.
So far, so good... The liquid diet is getting kind of difficult and I am craving chewing real food. I wish I could have some tuna salad or some soft Avocado. I am also excited to see what the sleeve will feel like but my surgeon likes me to be on liquids for 4 weeks. 1 week and 1 day to go! :-)
Happy Memorial weekend to all of you.