It really saddened me, that while I was getting more and more overweight and eating rarely out of hunger I almost never thought about the human beings that simply do not have any food and are feeling real hunger on a daily basis.
So I came up with a plan.
For every pound I lose I will donate $10 to the World Food Programme.
This way I will feel even better about losing weight and can share my happiness with those that need food more than anything else.
Today I have donated my first $120 for the 12 lbs I have lost so far.
If you would like to join me with a donation >> click here <<
Every $ counts and will make difference in the fight against hunger.
- 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat - more than the populations of USA, Canada and the European Union;
- The number of undernourished people in the world increased by 75 million in 2007 and 40 million in 2008, largely due to higher food prices;
- 907 million people in developing countries alone are hungry;
- Asia and the Pacific region is home to over half the world’s population and nearly two thirds of the world’s hungry peopl
- More than 60 percent of chronically hungry people are women;
- 65 percent of the world's hungry live in only seven countries: India, China, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan and Ethiopia.
- Every six seconds a child dies because of hunger and related causes;
- More than 70 percent of the world's 146 million underweight children under age five years live in just 10 countries, with more than 50 per cent located in South Asia alone;
- 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths;
- The cost of undernutrition to national economic development is estimated at US$20-30 billion per annum
- One out of four children - roughly 146 million - in developing countries are underweight;
Day 5 after Surgery Stats
Pain on a scale from 1 to 10: 1 (no pain)
Discomfort on a scale from 1 to 10: 4 (little discomfort in the port area, very hungry)
Overall Feeling: Good and happy!!!