Lab-Band Weight Loss

VSG Weight Loss

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Houston we have a problem

I was looking through my handwritten notes and found the list with all the things I am allowed to have during the post-op liquid phase. It specifically states that I can have Jello and that it counts as a clear liquid. So I took a raspberry jello (the only ones I like) out of the fridge and ate it very slowly with an espresso spoon.

After I had the 5th or 6th spoon of jello I immediately felt that something was not right. I felt pressure in the stomach area and that the jello was blocked from going down. I kind of panicked and decided to drink a hot tea and that it will hopefully turn the jello into liquid again. It took around 30 minutes and the pressure disappeared.

So I looked at the information again that the dietician sent me and it states specifically NO JELLO!!!

What did I do??? What was I thinking??? I am sooo upset.... I cannot believe I could be that stupid... and the Jello was certainly soooo not worth it. I do not even like Jello that much.... grrrrr

No idea how the Jello made it on my handwritten post-op liquid list, I only wrote down information that either the insurance nurse or my Surgeon or his staff gave me. Not blaming anyone but myself. Just hope I did not ruin anything.

Day 6 after Surgery Stats
Pain on a scale from 1 to 10: 1 (no pain at all)
Discomfort on a scale from 1 to 10: 2 (little discomfort in the port area)
Overall Feeling: Very Good (physically) but very upset and depressed because of the Jello!!!

2 comments:

  1. On my post surgery sheet it mentions jello. I do not think that it was wrong to eat it, but maybe it is different from surgeon to surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be different from surgeon to surgeon because I was allowed to have jello and thankfully had no problems with it. But you listened to your body, and that is what was important.

    ReplyDelete